Bobby Deen Weds Claudia Lovera

By  |  13 Comments

07/18/2013 at 11:00 AM EDT

Bobby Deen Weds Claudia Lovera

Claudia Lovera and Bobby Deen

Courtesy Paula Deen

Paula Deen has something to celebrate.

The celebrity chef put her recent troubles aside to host a surprise wedding ceremony for her son and his bride, Bobby Deen and Claudia Lovera, at her home in Savannah, Ga., on Saturday.

The couple, who got engaged in the spring and planned to wed later this year, tied the knot in front of about 75 guests.

These included Bobby’s brother, Jamie Deen, and his family, Paula’s brother, Bubba Hiers, and the bride’s family who now live in Panama City, Panama, according to Chatham County Probate Judge Harris Lewis. He also performed the ceremony.

And there was no shortage of Southern hospitality: “Out of respect for the bride and her family, [Bobby] asked me to perform the ceremony in English and Spanish,” Lewis said, adding that the bride was touched by the gesture.

“One of nicest things about it was when I got to the part when I said, ‘Will you take this woman to be your wife?’ Bobby said ‘Sí,’ ” Lewis said.

Bobby, who stars on Cooking Channel’s Not My Mama’s Meals, and Lovera, a TV producer originally from Caracas, Venezuela, offered guests mixed fare, including fried green tomatoes and empanadas.

According to a guest, Lovera wore a one-shoulder, long, off-white dress paired with sky-high heels and looked gorgeous. She carried a small bouquet of greenish-white hydrangeas, which Paula held during the vows as she shed a few tears. Bobby wore a linen suit with a boutonniere.

“They are a charming couple and really in love,” Lewis said. “It didn’t feel like a celebrity wedding.”

• Reporting by POLLY POWERS STRAMM

Videos

13 Comments

1. rndmaktn

February 8, 2014 at 7:32 am

Diners, Drive-ins and Dives

2. Scott W

January 26, 2014 at 10:11 pm

I like allrecipes, recipezaar and epicurious.

3. vanvark83

February 26, 2014 at 10:01 am

Bobby Deen is the hottest guy on the food network! I love guys with southern accents. However, I saw something on a blog stating that he is gay. Anyone know if it’s true or not? If it is, please let me down nicely.

4. Courtney

February 28, 2014 at 2:47 am

I love cooking with Paula Deen and her boys– i was wondering if Bobby comes across as gay to anyone else. I thought Jamie too – but..
    by saying ‘gay potential’ i was simply choosing my words carefully instead of declaring “wooooo he is GAY”
    Lighten up geez!

5. Thomas A

March 19, 2014 at 4:35 pm

I am trying to find the recipe where Paula made a hamburger/mac noodle casserole with her sons and she made it for them growing up…..anyone know the name of it? I have looked on Food Network but can’t seem to locate it……thanks

6. che-che

January 10, 2014 at 7:34 pm

I like Giada, Ina, Bobby Flay, Sunny, Guy, Aida

7. Praveen

January 1, 2014 at 11:41 pm

does anybody know where I could get a dvd of that series?

8. toysruslover

December 26, 2013 at 11:52 am

My 15 month old baby is highly allergic to dairy products, which cuts out a lot of kid foods from his diet. This is fine, as he doesn’t even know what he is missing. I was just wondered if I will ever be able to make casseroles for dinner again. I can’t seem to find any that don’t have some sort of milk product in them. Does anyone just substitute soy milk? How does that turn out?

9. Hotshot t

December 18, 2013 at 9:52 pm

What are some fun things we can do together (besides sex, haha)? We usually don’t have much time to spend together (we have different work schedules) but when we do have time to spend together we cant come up with anything fun to do.

Any ideas? Thanks!

I’m 31 weeks pregnant, so keep that in mind! ;)

10. Victoria T

December 30, 2013 at 4:34 am

I bought some of the Kosher-brand decent quality bratwurst, and was wondering what is the best way to cook it?

Thanks!

11. BRUTE

January 1, 2014 at 12:32 am

And will Bobby and Elton go so we can next learn how to shred lettuce for tacos?

12. Gabriel Kenney

January 1, 2014 at 10:18 pm

There was a really good looking dessert on “Road Tasted” with Bobby and Jamie Deen when they were in Maine. There was this one place that they went to, Eminger Berries, that made these literally stuffed strawberries.
    If anyone knows a recipe for these, or at least something like it, PLEASE POST!!!
    THANKS!!!
    They were stuffed with New York Cheesecake, I believe

13. Thomas Lopez

December 7, 2013 at 6:34 pm

It was on a foodnetwork special with paula deen, alton brown, bobby flay, giada de something, and tyler florence. She served it on a pineapple bed, and alton helped her make it. Thanks! And I kind of need it in a hurry.
    I looked! And I looked on Paula’s website, to no avail. Thanks though.