Adrienne and David From Bravo’s ‘Below Deck’ Dish On High Seas Drama

By  |  21 Comments

Adrienne and David From Bravo’s ‘Below Deck’ Dish On High Seas Drama

Working on a yacht sounds like something out of a dream. Exotic locations, beautiful people, luxury accommodations, the open water…  But ever wonder what life would really be like as a “yachtie”? Wonder no more.

Bravo‘s new series, Below Deck, follows a group of crew members living together on a 164′ mega-yacht. This gang works hard and plays hard, as they travel to gorgeous locales across the Caribbean and cater to the whims of their charter guests. But there’s no shortage of drama on board. Every episode the crew deals with a new set of affluent, high-profile (and often demanding) clientele. Oh, and you can expect cat fights and love triangles, too.

Celebuzz had a chance to chat with two of Below Deck‘s cast members, Adrienne and David, ahead of tonight’s premiere so we could get a little taste of life on board the Honor.

Dave Bradberry, a former Marine who called himself the “voice of reason” among the cast, weighed in on some of the drama we can expect:

“Oh goodness, you know there is a lot. Every week there is a different group of very wealthy guests that come in and they bring their own drama on board, of course, and sometimes it overflows on to us. You know, the rich can tend to be kinda needy as well and sometimes they just need an ear. They never saw our drama, we definitely kept that below deck. There’s definitely a lot of drama below deck. There’s people hooking up left and right, there’s cat fights…”

Adrienne Gang, chief stewardess and ten year veteran of the yachting industry, gave us the scoop on dealing with her crazy crew:

“You know, the whole 6 weeks was a lot of fun, it really was. There’s love triangles, you know, there’s people hooking up… people who don’t want to work because they’re tired. But, I’m sorry we still have guests coming on board, so tough luck, you know? It’s all very interesting, I’m sure, from an outsider’s perspective. For me, it’s something I deal with everyday!”

Gang talked about her mama bear-esque role on board, saying, “My job as the chief stewardess of the boat is kind of to be the mom. It’s my job to make sure the everybody has what they need and that everybody is happy, comfortable and safe and it’s kind of my job to do the same thing for the crew. Sometime that requires to bring everyone in a line and helping everyone get their, you know, game face on and making sure everyone does what they are supposed to.”

“Huge personalities in very tight quarters. Not always the best conditions,” Dave said of the experience.

So, who are these huge personalities we can expect to see? Adrienne and Dave gave their takes on the rest of the cast.

Dave described Kat as a “party animal,” Ben as an “angry Gordon Ramsey with a little bit of liquid courage,” Eddie as “Mr. Funny Man,” Sam as a”girl next door, but she had a little bit of a bratty side” and Adrienne as “overbearing.” He said of Aleks,”I don’t want to say tool, there’s so much more to him. He’s a great guy and good leader, but yet so much to prove because he’s so much younger.” David called himself “Mr. Nice Guy.”

Adrienne on C.J.: “C.J is interesting. He’s the life of the party, for sure.”

Adrienne and David From Bravo’s ‘Below Deck’ Dish On High Seas Drama

We can’t wait to see this motley crew in action.

So, who caused the most drama? Adrienne said “everyone had their moments,” but Dave was a little more sure.

“Kat. Without a doubt, Kat. Love Kat. She was one of my best friends on the boat. She’s the type of girl — she works really hard but she plays even harder. She’s always ready. She’s the first one out the door ready to go to the bars and clubs and she got a lot of criticism, but I was always there to kinda have her back.” he dished.

As for those for those picky clients the deckhands had to deal with each week?

Adrienne compared the difficult job to a circus act, saying, “Whether you’re on a yacht, or the service industry or a waitress, you’re going to find people you can’t make happy and so that can be really difficult. And you’ll see us jumping through a lot of hoops. I feel like at the end of this we probably should all audition to be in a circus act because we were just jumping through a lot of hoops.”

When we asked her to describe the show in a few sentence she said, “Unique. I think it is unlike anything else that exists. For me personally, there was a lot of frustration. I think at the end of the day, it was a victory though. At the end of the day it goes to a win. It goes to the win column.”

Dave summed up how this series takes viewers to uncharted TV territory:

“This is the type of show I think the entire family can enjoy, it really does have something for everyone. It’s got every setting, every scene is beautiful. There’s the ocean, there’s beaches, there’s sunsets, it’s absolutely just beautiful to watch alone. There’s tears, there’s laughs. There’s something for everyone. I have been telling friends, its like Downton Abbey meets the Real Housewives of any given city meets Jersey Shore. This is a unique show and I really hope, I hope people tune in to check it out. It’s something to be proud about and I am really excited for it.”

Below Deck premieres Monday, July 1st at 10/9c on Bravo.

var chartbeat_zone = “misc”;

Videos

21 Comments

1. Balla

March 12, 2014 at 10:57 pm

i kinda desire a one-syllable middle name. and my surname ?? well idk due to the fact that me and my friend are simply like playing around. im planning on be married first and im only 13 so …

2. Goe122

March 12, 2014 at 7:23 pm

Which do you like better?

Adrienne Kate Houghton

Natalie Kate Houghton

3. Arminator

February 28, 2014 at 9:34 am

have you seen the (uncensored) pics of miley, vanessa, adrienne, kim (kardashian), and britney? anyone else?

4. happyha31

February 26, 2014 at 12:19 pm

what are some movies that Adrienne Bailon is in ?? Other than the cheetah girls.

5. ademuth93

March 16, 2014 at 4:04 pm

I love the name Adrienne but I can’t decide on a middle name!
    I think I like Adrienne Kate, what do you think?

Suggest middle names for Adrienne, for a girl. Thanks in advance! :)

6. Mike

March 16, 2014 at 4:50 pm

hi im expecting and were thinking about Adrienne for a girl but cant think of a good middle name?
    help?
    also do u think adrienne is a nice name and not too common?

7. PIE BOY

March 21, 2014 at 7:14 pm

what could be the persona, form and theme of this poetry?

She had thought the studio would keep itself;
    no dust upon the furniture of love.
    Half heresy, to wish the taps less vocal,
    the panes relieved of grime. A plate of pears,
    a piano with a Persian shawl, a cat
    stalking the picturesque amusing mouse
    had risen at his urging.
    Not that at five each separate stair would writhe
    under the milkman’s tramp; that morning light
    so coldly would delineate the scraps
    of last night’s cheese and three sepulchral bottles;
    that on the kitchen shelf among the saucers
    a pair of beetle-eyes would fix her own—
    envoy from some village in the moldings . . .
    Meanwhile, he, with a yawn,
    sounded a dozen notes upon the keyboard,
    declared it out of tune, shrugged at the mirror,
    rubbed at his beard, went out for cigarettes;
    while she, jeered by the minor demons,
    pulled back the sheets and made the bed and found
    a towel to dust the table-top,
    and let the coffee-pot boil over on the stove.
    By evening she was back in love again,
    though not so wholly but throughout the night
    she woke sometimes to feel the daylight coming
    like a relentless milkman up the stairs.

8. Clayton Cottrell

March 21, 2014 at 8:43 am

Anyone got any good ideas for a second name for Adrienne?
    I would like the second name to sound french so it would go well with Adrienne as it is originally a French name, so nothing too Americanized or British sounding.

9. The Beatles

March 21, 2014 at 12:39 am

I love Adrienne Louise and at the moment im thinking this is the name for my girl.
    But i also loveeee the name Lainie but want a full name.. was thinking Alaina but im not too keen on that. Do you have any names that can have a nickname of Lainie.

And please rate Adrienne Louise out of 10.

Thanks!
    Thanks for your answers.

Thats why i said i want a full name for Lainie.. so i could call her Lainie but everybody else can choose.

10. Only Business

February 2, 2014 at 12:03 am

ok so for an essay on Rich’s poetry we were asked to discuss the use on language and themes. My problem is how can i constantly keep referring to the question asked in my answer. The teacher said my content was good but i just need to refer to the question more, AND discuss how the themes and language appeal to my, by like having a universal appeal etc. Please help me relate to the question. and tips highly appreciated
    Q: Adrienne Rich’s poetry is interesting both for its use of language and themes, discuss

11. Ramblin Spirit

January 28, 2014 at 12:23 pm

What do you think of the name Adrienne for a girl? Do you automatically think of Rocky? And what middle names go with it?

I like Adrienne Elizabeth and Adrienne Sage.

Thanks!

12. PIE BOY

December 30, 2013 at 4:06 pm

All I know is that he is the father of Amy’s baby. I also, know that Adrienne has a crush on him too. So I just want to know does he have feelings for her?

13. Gundown64

December 24, 2013 at 6:41 pm

What band was Adrienne Bailon(chanel) and Keily(aqua) in before the cheetah ladies trigger i like on of those songs but i have no idea the name of the group so please I require a response. THXZ!

14. Myles

December 14, 2013 at 1:16 pm

My natural hair color is dark brown but i want to go light. for example: adrienne bailon (from the cheetah girls and 3LW). I recently dyed my hair a medium to light brown because i know if i just go from dark brown to a golden brownish-blondeish then it will come out orange. but i also don’t want to spend alot of money doing it and i dont want to have to go to the hair salon to get it professionally done either. please help!

15. crzyinluv

December 13, 2013 at 4:29 am

How does Adrienne Bailon make her hair pretty and curly?
    also how does she get it straight?

16. Nathan B

January 5, 2014 at 7:23 pm

My name is Adrienne. I LOVE the name Adeline. (It’s pronounced AD-ah-leen, Adrienne is pronounced AY-dree-enn.) Is it too close to my name?

My full name is Adrienne Emilie. I want to name my daughter Adeline Esmee. (But my husband is pushing for Adeline Emilie.)

Do you have any opinions on the closeness of the names, or the names themselves?

17. Cpt Excelsior

January 12, 2014 at 2:20 pm

18. Thomas A

January 27, 2014 at 7:06 am

Adrienne- girl
    Adrien- boy
    What are other ways to spell it?
    Options for middle names for both genders?

19. Big Banger

January 20, 2014 at 8:43 pm

It has been claimed that Adrienne Bailone leanked the naked pictues of herself to be more famous
    Here is the link

20. Sergio

January 13, 2014 at 8:50 am

I need to read Female Infanticide: A Guide for Mothers by Adrienne Su for an AP Lit poetry project, and I can’t find it anywhere online. Do you know where I can find it to read it?

21. Travoiz

December 9, 2013 at 1:35 am

I love those two girl names (Melanie and Adrienne). Which do you like better? Any similar names, all answers appreciated. :)
    or maybe Lydia.